August 24, 2017
Head to the hardware store to DIY your own swoon worthy floral centerpieces. Home Depot or Lowe’s may not be the most glamorous of retailers, but you can find premium (and inexpensive) decor that is nothing short of amaze. Neutral florals and organic herbs are the perfect adornment for your garden wedding, while succulents are an on-trend option that will never go out of style. What are you waiting for? Your wedding is sure not to be a fixer upper when you summon your inner Joanna Gaines — here are 8 gorgeous centerpiece ideas that are still in their soil — make them ahead of time as they won’t spoil!
Photo: Jenavieve Belair Photography
1. Succulents: Super on-trend and full of texture and color; succulents are an excellent choice for a wedding centerpiece. Monochromatic greens, purples and reds make them a colorful accent to your wedding palette. Plant them in a wood planter vase made from inexpensive 2x4s!
[B+B Wedding – Amber + Tim] Photo: Rachel Solomon Photography
2. Herbs: Not only are herbs really beautiful in the most simple of ways, but talk about a heavenly aromatic atmosphere you can create when adding them to your wedding tablescape. Mint, rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil and lavender — the choices are endless. Put them in a terracotta pot for the ultimate alfresco chic wedding inspo.
Photo: Allan Zepeda Photography
3. Mini Rose Bush: There is something so utterly romantic about a mini rose bush; petite and sweet these can add to your wedding design in a big way. Be the Belle of your ball and make your guests head over heels for this symbol of love all over again.
Photo: Eric Uys Photography
4. Orchids: Orchids come in a large selection of colors and are the obvious option for the classy bride that craves clean lines and simplicity in their design. Pair them with clear glass candle holders. mirrored platforms and acrylic to achieve a modern and elegant tablescape. Arizona locals, Trader Joe’s ALWAYS has killer pricing on orchids, AND you can work with their flower specialist to place a special order for quantities and colors.
[B+B Wedding – Cheney + Marisa] Photo: Denise Pena Photography
5. Cactus: These little pricks are all over the wedding scene and for good reason, they last FOREVER. Add an element of mixed metals by planting them in gilded metallic pots to finish off the tablescape, then have guests take them home as a favor and kill two birds with one stone.
Photo: Cat Hepple Photography
6. Astilbe: While this fluffy wonder is a staple in every blush wedding palette, it’s incredibly hard to keep alive once cut and it often wilts before the “I do’s” — total bummer. Say goodbye to the stress and use this beauty in potted form for your wedding tables.
Photo: Pedrotti Photography
7. Fern: Growing up your grandma probably had a household fern and now they look chic and wedding ready when added to your tablescape. Vintage brides rejoice — ferns date back 360 millions years (that’s before the dinosaurs)! Pair your fern with small bud vases and single blooms for a minimalist and natural design.
Photo: Amelia Johnson Photography
8. Pansy: Used in gardens galore these vibrant and colorful plants will for sure be adored by your guests. Grab an assortment of burgundy and turmeric for a Fall palette or stick to fuchsia and hot purple for your summer nuptials. Fancy pansies sure are dandy don’t you think?